Thursday, January 3, 2013

Quiet Book

For Christmas this year I thought it would be fun to make a quiet book for one of my nieces.. set out with grand intentions, I scoured through Pinterest to find what I thought would be the best pages. Little did I know the enormous task that I had set for myself.
 Originally I had planned on 15 pages:
  • A page showing a tree with spring leaves
  • A page showing a tree with summer leaves
  • A page showing a tree with fall leaves
  • A page showing no leaves (for winter) but with snowflakes instead
  • A page with an ice cream cone
  • A page with shape matching
  • A puzzle page
  • A race track page (with cars to play with)
  • A page with a fish bowl (with fish to play with)
  • A zipper page
  • An African safari page (with animals to play with)
  • A page with things to button (and un-button)
  • A page with fake crayons to match to their colored word
  • A page with flowers on it (with a watering can to water said flowers)
  • A dress up doll page
However, after spending 5 days making 7 pages I started to re-consider.
Of the planned pages I was able to get done:
  • A page showing spring / summer leaves
  • A page with an ice cream cone
  • A puzzle page
  • A race track page
  • A page with a fish bowl
  • A page with a zipper (which turned into also a storage page to keep all of the loose bits ie. cars)
  • A page with flowers that can be un-buttoned

And of course, a snazzy cover page.

I think next time (if there is a next time) instead of sewing everything together I'll whip out my handy glue gun and give that method a whirl
(Sorry the pictures are sideways.. formatting them is proving a challenge)
Check out http://hand-mademoments.blogspot.ca/ for page tutorials
Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment